Monday, October 13, 2008

JRCLSSA Changes...

Dear Spouses,
Our President Rachel Watson (the beautiful woman on your left) wanted to wish a warm welcome to all the 1L spouses, and everyone else, welcome back to the school year. Much has changed since the last blog in April. I'm brand a brand new 1L spouse, but here on the blog instead of talking about sticker shock or traffic, or good books (unless you want juvenile fiction, I'm a teacher...) I'll be talking about the great activities and Survival Nights that help us law spouses, well, survive. Or better they help us, "Come what may and LOVE IT!"

Our Survival Night in October was a panel with 4 spouses from all walks of life, from working and going to school while your spouse is also working and going to school all the way to a stay-at-home mom with two children, we all took away good advice from the troopers who have earned the title of 3L (or even 4L) spouse. :)

Some gems of wisdom were,
- Find a hobby, something good to occupy your time.
- Your law student will get grumpy during finals, let him be grumpy.
- Remind your law student that there is more to life than law school.
- The first year really is the worst, things will get better.

Many thanks to Lindi, Andrea, Jennifer, and Christy!

Be sure to come to our next activity, "Surviving Life as a Law School Spouse; Cheap and Chic." I've heard what's planned and you don't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess! This is so cute! I love it. That picture of me is HILARIOUS. I think I look like an old school socialite!

Love, Rachel W.