Thursday, November 29, 2007

Washington Monument Tour






Hey Everyone,

We had a great time touring the Washington Monument last week and wanted to share some pictures with the group. The views from the top were really amazing and it was a nice, short trip for the kids. As a bonus, when we were walking back to our cars, the president's helicopter flew right over our heads and landed on the grass behind the white house. There were hundreds of people lined up on the balconies of the house apparently because Bush was arriving to "pardon" a turkey. Hope you can all join us in December!
Sarah

3 comments:

Chris M. G said...

I did this tour a few weeks ago. I liked it too, I thought it was cool that there are engraved stones on the inside from states and organizations that donated to the monument. I also learned that it is the Washington Monument instead of the Washington Memorial because he was still alive when they started building it. I'd like to do the hour long walk down tour sometime.

James said...

It would be nice if I didn't have to go to work so that I could go with you on your tour groups. They look so fun!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.